Customer Service Technical Expert Associate
Take responsibility for technical aspects of providing management information to our Management and Clients. Provide technical support for internal or external customers, whilst taking ownership and being actively involved. Identify, support and implement process improvements.
IFDS Client Care
IFDS Client Care Department consists of various teams who manage client administration for Unit Trust, ISA and Life and Pensions products. This activity includes managing team controls, complaint handling and investigative work. Our teams are:
- Switches administer fund switch and automatic fund transfer requests from Partners and clients. A fast paced team with high daily volumes to administer.
- Settlements who act upon client’s instructions to withdraw funds from their bond.
- Notices act upon instructions to process client and Partner requests in relation to encashing and withdrawing funds as well as applying trust/assignments and complex notices.
- Retirals who act upon instructions to process both client and partners requests to issue retirement packs and transfer packs. Once the retirement pack and transfer packs have been returned, make sure all procedures are followed when dealing with these. Act upon instructions from solicitors/client/partners when a client is going through a divorce. Act upon instructions from trustees/client when a client wants to transfer their Plan.
- Quotes process information requests from SJP Partners and IFA's. Requests are either basic, standard or of a complex nature. Update records and send partner notifications relating to a new IFA request. Provide bulk valuations and unit transaction summaries to Schemes and Trustees on a monthly basic and also on an ad-hoc basis. We send 1000's of tax year end values and provide backdated valuations both verbal and written. Deal with Wealth Account and RCS enquiries and also provide resource during the project.
- Endorsements manages the full life-cycle of all amendments for Life and pension policies covering a vast number of transactions such as reinstatememnts, change of status and placing clients on holidays.
- Claims deal with death claims. When a client who holds money in bonds/life/retirement plans dies, we administer the work that is required to allow us to pay out the funds or transfer the funds into another name based on the how the policy was set up or what type of investment they hold.
- CPS manage the full life-cycle of all ERP and GPP pensions, covering all transactions from New Business, through Endorsements work to Maturity and Leavers processes.
- Client Experience update client data on multi systems and involved with data requirements for tax regulations.
- Financial Controls update and maintain fees and facilitate the transfer of Partner servicing.
- Partner & Client Care process UT and ISA generic client and account maintenance changes and also bereavements on Bluedoor. We have two teams in the UK and one in India who work closely with us. A fast paced team as we have a crucial role in processing ahead of Valuation Point to allow Dealing to close the books each day. We also support Error Corrections activity.
All of these teams are supported by a team of coaches and a team of technicians and specialists.
- Demonstrate strong, current technical knowledge of products/tools relevant to the business area
- Be able to design and implement builds within Excel/Powerpoint to provide technical management information (regular and adhoc)
- Work with Customer Support Specialist to understand impact of legislative, client driven changes and planned product developments to ensure successful integration into BAU processes
- Challenge existing practices through identifying, proposing and implementing areas for process improvement
- Involvement in projects and testing as required
- Feedback technical training and guidance to individuals and business area
- Manage relationship with Key Stakeholders both internal and external
- Flexibility to support team with processes and work volumes when business needs dictate
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and
- abilities whenever reasonably instructed
- To exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the role is responsible for are organised and controlled
- To uphold responsibilities for risk and business continuity practices as appropriate to the position the role holds within the organisation
- To comply with the regulatory guidelines in which IFDS operates
- All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external)
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual/team and department performance
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture
- Delivering feedback & key messages in an engaging and motivating manner to encourage empowerment of team
- Be a key driver in sharing best practice
- Liaising with Key Stakeholders internally and externally whilst building relationships through networking
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Products, systems and Procedures within business area
- Knowledge of the financial industry and market place
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and mandatory procedures
- Awareness of IFDS UK operations
- Competence in the application of Quality Assurance process and criteria standards
- Skill set to include decision making, problem solving, time management, planning analysis and organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Open minded approach to dealing with ideas and suggestions
- Ability to interpret management information to make considered decisions
- Understand business drivers and the key deliverables on the Business plan
- Sound interpersonal skills with the ability to create an environment that delivers excellent customer service, be a key driver providing feedback in a constructive manner
- Education to Higher level or equivalent is desirable
- Process improvement
- Data analysis skills
• Competitive annual salary
• 21 Days holiday
• 6% non-contributory pension scheme
• Life Assurance (4 x salary)
• Single Cover healthcare
• flex benefits scheme
About the Company
International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is the leading supplier of third-party administration and IT services to European investment clients and their customers. Part of a global group DST Systems, our business has grown ten-fold since inception in 1995 and continues with rapid growth today! We currently offer state of the art solutions across funds, retirement & insurance and investment platforms. We employ over 5500 staff across the UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Thailand and India.