Customer Service Senior Associate
IFDS Client Care Department consists of various teams who manage client administration for Unit Trust, ISA and Life and Pensions products. This activity includes managing team controls, complaint handling and investigative work.
To provide a good customer service by accurately processing and authorising a variety of customer transactions, including complex and non-standard transactions. This will be processed within agreed service levels and approved financial authority levels where appropriate.
- Processing transactions to agreed service levels, quality standards and where relevant within agreed financial authority limits.
- Processing non-standard or complex transactions/calculations, including manual processing where required, ensuring that TCF principles are upheld.
- Contact customers by telephone, fax, e-mail or letter to resolve queries/obtain information.
- Deal with customer data ethically and in accordance with FCA requirements.
- Checks the work of others where appropriate to ensure that standards of accuracy, clarity and financial integrity are maintained, and that TCF principles are upheld.
- Provides informal guidance and/or training for colleagues as required.
- Completes independent quality and accuracy checking of work.
- Supports and takes an active role in service improvement/process improvement initiatives or projects as required.
- Assists management team where appropriate.
- Keeps own knowledge of processes, products and appropriate regulation up to date.
- Achieves agreed performance levels
- Implements and maintains personal development plan, and is proactive in own self development.
- Completes performance management documentation in line with agreed timescales.
- Displays key behaviours at appropriate level.
To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
The Ideal Candidate
- Good communication and mathematical reasoning skills (5 GCSE’s or equivalent)
- Good understanding of all relevant legislation e.g. Data Protection Act, Money Laundering requirements
- Good understanding of relevant products and systems, including PC skills
- In depth understanding of relevant processes
- Understanding and application of agreed authority limits
- Good customer focus and complaint handling skills
- Good keyboard skills, and familiar with microsoft word and excel.
- Good call handling skills
- Good orginisation and time management skills to prioritise workloads.
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
All offers of employment at IFDS are subject to a pre-employment screen, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check
- Reference salary based on experience
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Free Local bus Service - No onsite parking
About the Company
International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is the leading supplier of third-party administration and IT services to UK retail investment clients and their customers. Part of a global group DST Systems, our business has grown ten-fold since inception in 1995 and continues with rapid growth today! We currently partner with over 50 Fund Management companies, which together represent an impressive 60% of the UK investment market