Customer Service Manager (Twilight)
You will be responsible for developing and leading a team of people to deliver consistent levels of excellent service with the customer at the centre of everything we do.
This role will be covering the Twilight team
Monday- Friday, working 1pm - 9pm
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and nurture an open and honest environment that encourages and supports the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Connect and Inspire with people to encourage continual development and improved capability.
- Champion change and take personal responsibility for driving change forward.
- Constructively and continually challenge the way we work, generating new ideas and take them from concept through to delivery.
- Deliver consistent levels of service today while planning and considering the requirements for the future.
- Responsible for operational risks and controls to ensure these are compliant with regulatory, legislative and internal requirements.
- Deliver cost challenges within area.
- Actively engage with other areas in operations and the business to improve our service proposition and promote “one team” ethos.
- Develop and build successful partnerships with key stakeholder, both internally and externally, that add value to our business.
- Responsible for complaints within team ensuring these are resolved to an acceptable outcome in line FCA guidelines. Lessons are learnt and changes implemented to improve the service.
- Ensure all team members have clear objectives and Performance Development Plans and understand how these align to the UK strategy
- Manage workplace issues in a timely and legally compliant manner whilst maintaining and a fair and reasonable approach
- Be able to apply HR policies and practices in order to meet the needs of the business whilst being consciously aware of the customer experience
- Be aware of your responsibility as a first line manager for the health and safety of your team and be able to deploy that responsibility where appropriate
- Champion treating customers fairly to ensure the customer is at centre of everything we do.
- Communicate clearly and influentially, in a way that engages people so they can see how what they do fits into the bigger picture and how they can each make a difference to the success of the company.
- Display high levels of personal integrity at all times in personal and business interaction.
- Maintain and update strong knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry and marketplace to add value to the decision making process.
- Responsible for achieving and maintain competence under N2 guidelines for self and others.
- Develop and deliver business plan that bridges the gap between local plan and higher customer service business plan.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
The Ideal Candidate
• Excellent knowledge of product, procedures and systems within business area
• Strong knowledge of the financial industry and the market place
• Strong ability in understanding management information and using this to make considered decisions
• Broad knowledge of DST wider products, processes and systems out with own business area.
• Comprehensive knowledge of relevant regulatory and mandatory procedures and qualifications
• Good understanding of business drivers and the key deliverables on the Customer Services Business plan
• Strong ability to connect with audience when communicating, both written and verbal.
• Strong ability to engage people
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create an environment that delivers excellent customer service.
• Demonstrate ability to deliver difficult and unpopular messages to the team when necessary
• A role model to others by leading by example
• Good leadership skills and strong ability to inspire change in people and work culture.
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills
• Good project management skills.
• Excellent customer focus skills.
• Ability to build partnerships both internally and externally with key stakeholders.
• Strong process improvements skills with a minimum of yellow belt accreditation.
• Strong ability to value diversity.
• Strong self awareness of own strengths and capabilities
All offers of employment at DST are subject to a pre-employment screen, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check.
• Competitive annual salary
• Eligible for annual discretionary bonus (based on individual and company performance)
• 25 Days holiday
• 6% non-contributory pension scheme
• Life Assurance (4 x salary)
• Family Cover healthcare
• Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.