Customer Service Expert -Ops Control
Take responsibility in processing and overseeing complex cases and issues. Support colleagues with training and provide on the job support with internal or external customers. Maintain and build effective and excellent working relationships with colleagues and customers. Working in the Operational Controls area
- To take responsibility for owning and resolving complex/contentious/legal cases or issues to a satisfactory conclusion and within N2 guidelines.
- Achieve and maintain competence under N2 Guidelines (where appropriate).
- Respond to any technical enquires from internal and external customers in order to provide accurate solutions or advice.
- Be involved in projects as required.
- Provide training and guidance to individuals to ensure their technical knowledge is at an acceptable level.
- Provide colleagues with technical skills coaching and training to support the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Check work processed/produced by staff in line with Quality Assurance standards and provide technical feedback to appropriate staff to ensure training needs are identified and resolved. Provide a support service to the area as required.
- Be able to provide technical management information about complaints, training needs and accuracy.
- Assist and implement improvements to processes.
- Analysis of legislation and planned product development to allow successful integration into BAU processes.
- Maintain and build effective and excellent working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- To design and develop training material to meet the needs of the business
- Involvement in testing where required.
- Provide Technical support with Customer enquiries either via Telephony, Workflow or Paper, or by “Floorwalking Activity” or by on the job training.
- Supports the delivery of Service Level agreement targets and performance standards
To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- To exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the role is responsible for are organised and controlled.
- To uphold responsibilities for risk and business continuity practices as appropriate to the position the role holds within the organisation.
- To comply with the regulatory regimes in which DST operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations, as appropriate to the above role.
All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external).
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance.
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture
The Ideal Candidate
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Products, systems and Procedures
- Relevant specific qualifications as required by the Business i.e. achieve CF1 and FA1/2 or equivalent to obtain Overseer status if not previously grandfathered under T&C scheme, if required
- Knowledge of current legislation i.e. Data Protection Act, Compliance and FSA rules
- General organisational business and financial awareness.
- Understanding of Authority limits where relevant
- Competence in the application of Quality Assurance process and criteria standards
- Maintain and implement personal development plan in partnership with immediate manager.
- Knowledge of the Treating Customers Fairly principles
- Coaching/Training skills
- Time Management and Organisation skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Good Communication skills– oral/written
- Customer complaint handling skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills over different levels of problems
- Creativity applied to complex problems
- Can deliver and receive feedback in constructive manner
- Open minded approach to dealing with ideas and suggestions from colleagues and customers
- Can contribute to good working atmosphere within own team and dealing with customers
- Understanding of the Statements of Principle and Code of Practice
- Broad knowledge of DST Platforms
- Knowledge of significant regulatory processes within DST UK Platforms
- Education to Higher level or equivalent is desirable
• Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
• 20 Days holiday
• 6% non-contributory pension scheme
• Life Assurance (4 x salary)
• Single person healthcare
• flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland