Customer Service Expert (Claims)
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate who is looking to progress in a claims environment using their current expert knowledge working with sensitive information predominately death claims. In this role there is plenty of scope for personal development and on going training.
The ideal candidate will provide excellent customer service by accurately processing and authorising a variety of customer transactions and cases that will be processed within agreed service levels and approved financial authority levels.
- Processing complex claims, and transactions to agreed service levels, quality standards and where relevant within agreed financial authority limits.
- Processing non-standard or complex transactions/calculations, including manual processing where required.
- Contacting customers by telephone, e-mail or letter regarding sensitive information to resolve queries/obtain information with regards to their claim.
- Checks the work of others where appropriate to ensure that standards of accuracy, clarity and financial integrity are maintained.
- Provides informal guidance and/or training for colleagues as required.
- Completes independent quality and accuracy checking of work.
- Supports and takes an active role in service improvement/process improvement initiatives or projects as required.
- Assists management team where appropriate.
- Keeps own knowledge of processes, products and appropriate regulation up to date.
- Achieves agreed performance levels
- Implements and maintains personal development plan, and is proactive in own self development.
- Completes performance management documentation in line with agreed timescales.
- Displays key behaviours at appropriate level.
To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
The Ideal Candidate
- Have sound and up to date product knowledge of Bonds, Pensions, ISAs and other types of Investments is essential. Ideally you will work or have worked in a claims team or department previously.
- Ability to work on own initiative and review each claim on an individual basis.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage own workload.
- Good communication and mathematical reasoning skills (5 GCSE’s or equivalent)
- Good understanding of all relevant legislation e.g. Data Protection Act, Money Laundering requirements
- Good understanding of relevant products and systems, including PC skills
- In depth understanding of relevant processes
- Understanding and application of agreed authority limits
- Good customer focus.
- Good keyboard skills, and familiar with microsoft word and excel.
- Good call handling skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
Reference salary based on experience
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Free Local Bus Service
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.