Customer Service Executive
Working within the Administration Centre, you will provide good customer service by accurately processing and authorising a variety of customer transactions, including complex and non standard transactions. This will be processed within agreed service levels and approved financial authority levels where appropriate.
6 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACTS
Key Responsibilities within the role:
• Processing transactions to agreed service levels, quality standards and where relevant within agreed financial authority limits.
• Handling complaints in line with area guidelines.
• Processing non standard or complex transactions/calculations, including manual processing where required, ensuring that TCF principles are upheld.
• Contact customers by telephone, fax, e-mail or letter to resolve queries/obtain information.
• Deal with customer data ethically and in accordance with FSA requirements.
• Checks the work of others where appropriate to ensure that standards of accuracy, clarity and financial integrity are maintained, and that TCF principles are upheld.
• Provides informal guidance and/or training for colleagues as required.
• Completes independent quality and accuracy checking of work.
• Supports and takes an active role in service improvement/process improvement initiatives or projects as required.
• Assists management team where appropriate.
• Keeps own knowledge of processes, products and appropriate regulation up to date.
• Achieves agreed performance levels
• Implements and maintains personal development plan, and is proactive in own self development.
• Completes performance management documentation in line with agreed timescales.
• Displays key behaviours at appropriate level.
• Understands and adheres to IFDS Policy and all relevant regulatory policy.
• Ensures all payments are dealt with in line with IFDS delegated authority requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
• Good communication and mathematical reasoning skills (5 GCSE’s or equivalent)
• Good understanding of all relevant legislation e.g. Data Protection Act, Money Laundering requirements
• Good understanding of relevant products and systems, including PC skills
• In depth understanding of relevant processes
• Relevant professional qualifications
• Understanding and application of agreed authority limits
• Good customer focus and complaint handling skills
• Good keyboard skills, and familiar with microsoft word and excel.
• Good call handling skills
• Good orginisation and time management skills to prioritise workloads.
• Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Coaching, training and feedback skills
• 5 GCSE’s or equivalent
• ICS desirable
• CF1/FA1/FA2 desirable
• Education to Higher level or equivalent desirable
• Previous experience of financial services or a customer service environment is desirable
All offers of employment at IFDS are subject to a pre-employment screen, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check.
• Reference salary based on experience and in line with the salary progression scheme
• 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
• 6% non-contributory pension scheme
• Life Assurance (4 x salary)
• Single person healthcare
• flex benefits scheme
About the Company
International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is the leading supplier of third-party administration and IT services to European investment clients and their customers. Part of a global group and a joint venture between State Street Corporation and DST Systems, our business has grown ten-fold since inception in 1995 and continues with rapid growth today! We currently offer state of the art solutions across funds, retirement & insurance and investment platforms. We employ over 3000 staff across the UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Thailand and India.