Based in Luxembourg, this individual will be part of a growing and dynamic International Compliance team supporting SS&C as a Fund Administrator for Luxembourg-based clients.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, hard-working senior profile to cover the role of Compliance Officer for the location. This individual will work closely with other Compliance team members, AML, Risk Management, Senior Management, as well as business and operation teams at SS&C.
The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills, good judgment, strong experience in the relevant fields of Compliance, Risk Management, Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), Counter-Terrorist Financing (“CTF”) and sanctions in the financial services industry, and with demonstrable ability to effectively and proactively engage and partner with the business in a fast-paced and engaging environment
Reporting to one of the Conducting Officers, the successful applicant will actively manage and take responsibility for Compliance as well as act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for the location:
- Ensure the Company’s full compliance with regard to required regulation and legislation.
- Actively monitoring the changes and updates in compliance rules applicable to the Company, and understanding the impact to the business.
- Maintain a risk matrix for the jurisdiction.
- Report to Senior Management on a monthly basis.
- Communication with client stakeholders on compliance matters.
- Board meeting preparation, review of boardpack, minute taking / distribution and board resolution process.
- Act as the focal point for the oversight of all activities relating to the prevention and detection of AML/Sanctions/CTF
- Provide support / guidance to Senior Management to ensure that AML/Sanctions /CTF risks are adequately identified by the business
- Act as escalation point in case of significant AML findings through the services offered by SS&C, perform the assessment of identified risks on a case by case basis and liaise with local authorities if necessary
- Act as the main point of contact of Luxembourg’s Financial Investigation Unit (FIU) and be responsible for the submission of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) where required
- Work with in-house AML product and technology teams to select and implement relevant technology solutions.
- Support the continuous development and review of the AML/Sanctions /CTF systems to ensure they remain up-to-date, meet current statutory and regulatory requirements and are effective in managing AML/Sanctions /CTF risks arising from the business.
- Conduct due diligence review on strategic business partners (outsourced locations) to evaluate potential AML/Sanctions /CTF risks
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree and appropriate professional qualifications within a Financial/ Business or Law discipline.
- Relevant experience in a Fund-related company.
- Detailed knowledge of the Luxembourg Funds Industry in regard to regulatory requirements for both a service provider and Luxembourg Funds.
- Strong client presentation skills and commitment to delivering quality at all times.
- Strong Luxembourg regulatory knowledge
- Strong investigative skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage up to senior management in other time zones.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience in strategic planning
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and pay close attention to details
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment
- Working language English with a fluency in either German or French being preferable
In order to complete the recruitment process, the applicant selected will be requested to provide a list of documents on or before the start date including receipt of satisfactory references; evidence of qualifications (where applicable) and copy of the criminal records (Bulletin No 3 for the Grand-Duché de Luxembourg).
About the Company
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
SS&C Technologies/ SS&C Financial Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.