Complaints Team Manager
• Management of a team of Administrators who process complaints received relating to SS&C business processing and administration, within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Regulatory deadlines.
• Maintain liaison between Management Companies, Customers, Client Relationship Managers (CRMs), SS&C Compliance and administration areas concerning the resolution of complaints.
• Create weekly plans in AOM, validate and load work daily and communicate plan to team.
• SLAs adhered to. Ensure that all vetting and quality checking is completed by the close of business each day.
• Complete daily and weekly controls and maintain audit trail.
• Respond positively to all internal and external customers.
• Ensures that all contact with our clients and their customers is of a high standard, whether verbal or written.
• Maintain excellent knowledge of team client profiles and products and ensure your team have all the information they need to resolve complaints.
• Ensures the minimum quality assessment standard is achieved via monitoring of the team’s output. Working with the monitoring and QC teams, ensure that training needs are identified and delivered.
• Carry out, at a mutually agreed frequency appropriate to ACE level or length of service, one to one reviews of each team member’s performance. Encourage their input and work together on development areas. Maintain records (scanned signed copies) of meetings.
• Compete monthly ACE reviews for members of the team eligible to participate and feed back to team members.
• Ensure back to work interviews take place as soon as possible.
• Participate in the recruitment process.
• Chair and actively contribute to team/departmental meetings.
• Assist every area of the business to improve overall Customer Service
• Commit to personally putting the customer first & provide an excellent customer service at all times, whilst coaching your team members too.
• Be flexible & adaptable at all times in response to the challenging, changing environment.
• Retain strong focus on professional standards & results, which directly contribute & impact on business targets.
• Pursue & takes responsibility for personal development
• Displays respect for self & other colleagues, enhancing credibility
• Support colleagues at all times
• A flexible attitude to overtime, when Investor Services requires this.
• To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Regulatory: • To exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the role is responsible for are organised and controlled.
• To uphold responsibilities for risk and business continuity practices as appropriate to the position the role holds within the organisation.
• To comply with the regulatory regimes in which SS&C operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations, as appropriate to the above role.
Quality: All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
• To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
• To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external).
• To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance.
• To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
• To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
All Line Managers are accountable for the following:
• To communicate openly and honestly with their team
• To ask, listen and understand the team
• To be fair and consistent across the team
• To be accountable for own actions and the actions of the team
• To support their team’s development and champion professional development
Day to day management of a team of Administrators/Senior Administrators whose role it is to administer all complaint related work types on behalf of our management companies, ensuring all regulatory and service criteria is met.
The Ideal Candidate
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
• IOC or commitment to study for IOC or equivalent (full IOC to be completed within 2 years of role commencement)
• Ability to analyse and appraise work, to identify potential areas of concern that could lead to risk
• Experience in financial services investment industry
• Basic keyboard skills to include awareness of MS Office packages
• Good verbal reasoning and numeric skills • Experience in a complaint administration environment
• Experience of working within the Financial Services Industry, in a fast moving Operational regulatory environment, where excellent customer care and compliant principles are the norm.
• Detailed knowledge of ISA, Unit Trust, OEIC, pensions, insurance or Investment Trust administration
• Knowledge of FCA regulatory environment
• Working knowledge of SS&C core systems
• Degree level of education
- Flexible Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Private Healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
SS&C (formerly known as DST) is a global provider of investment and financial services as well as software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. Company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.