Client Services Complaints Trainer
The Complaints Team oversee the administration of all complaints received by IFDS for their clients. These are resolved by telephone or letter, whilst complying with SLA’s and Regulatory requirements. The team also ensure record complaint related data and supporting documentation for both internal and external customers. We handle Complaints relating to Unit Trusts, OIECs, Investment Trusts, ISAs, Pensions and Insurance Products across a number of different systems
Produce training material and deliver training to new recruits and existing team members.
- Create training materials and deliver training to new staff members or in buzz sessions to existing staff.
- Review daily control reports with each individual and ensure they understand reasons
- Ensure trainees complete all online training on joining
- Discuss intended call content before they make the call and then review afterwards. All calls to be monitored and fed back
- Progress reviews to be held weekly to ensure trainees fully aware of development areas and achievements.
- Maintain progress record on training tracking spreadsheet. Update management weekly on status of each trainee (on track, areas for further training, behind schedule due to absence etc). If progress is not on track or behaviour is unacceptable, escalate to manager so that this is discussed and documented in a one to one.
- At completion of training (on last day in Academy or first day on team), hold documented hand-over meeting with trainee and new team manager to ensure depth and scope of training is fully understood. Complete skills matrix to reflect position at that point
- Assist with compilation of question bank for use in training.
- Act as a mentor and source of knowledge to your colleagues in the business. Assist and guide colleagues in drafting the response to a client’s complaint. Coach team members in academy.
- Offer suggestions and ideas to improve future complaint investigations.
- Provide feedback to trainees about the cases they have handled and phone calls monitored.
- Any other duties as requested by your manager.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to investigate, summarise and express findings in writing or verbally
- Analytical ability to determine root cause of complaint and make recommendations
- Good proven letter writing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good personal organisational skills to administer complaints within SLA
- Intermediary knowledge of WORD & EXCEL
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure within tight timescales
- Excellent communicator in writing, by telephone and face to face
- Detailed knowledge of ISA, Unit Trust, OEIC, Investment Trust, Pensions or Insurance administration
- Training experience or qualification
- Knowledge of FCA regulatory environment
- Working knowledge of IFDS core systems
- IOC Merit Award, studying or prepared to study to achieve
- Experience of working within the Financial Services Industry, in a fast moving Operational regulatory environment, where excellent customer care and compliant principles are the norm.
- Competitive annual salary
- 20 Days holiday
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- flex benefits scheme
About the Company
International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is the leading supplier of third-party administration and IT services to European investment clients and their customers. Part of a global group and a joint venture between State Street Corporation and DST Systems, our business has grown ten-fold since inception in 1995 and continues with rapid growth today! We currently offer state of the art solutions across funds, retirement & insurance and investment platforms. We employ over 3400 staff across the UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Thailand and India.
All offers of employment at IFDS are subject to a pre-employment screen, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check.