Client Money Reporting and Control Reconciliations Technical Expert
Client Money Reporting & Control are responsible for producing Client Money, Corporate Dealing and Debtor/Creditor Reconciliations.
The CMRC Expert will be responsible for:
- To take ownership and act as departmental point of contact for new business and initiatives.
- To identify, initiate and implement change as required
- To have an awareness of all team tasks in line with relevant regulation and oversight
- Act as an SME for the department, and provide a reference point for associates of all levels
- To provide departmental cover as required
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all teams / departments
- Understand and participate as appropriate in the Project and Change Management programme
- Provide training to members of the team in connection with new business and initiatives
- Provide assistance to other team members as and when required
- Support Management with the co-ordination and implementation of process improvements
- Suggest process enhancements to Cross Borders Reconciliations Management
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- To exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the role is responsible for are organised and controlled.
- To uphold responsibilities for risk and business continuity practices as appropriate to the position the role holds within the organisation.
- To comply with the regulatory regimes in which IFDS operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations, as appropriate to the above role.
- To attend Client Asset training. Ensure all activities are undertaken in accordance with established Client Asset procedures & controls, and that any changes to activities are considered for Client Asset implications.
- To escalate issues or potential breaches to Line Manager, to enable consideration for Client Asset implications.
- To provide input regarding the effectiveness and design of Client Asset procedures, controls and MI, including contributing to the annual review of procedures.
- All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external).
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance.
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
The Ideal Candidate
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a wider team
• Organised and methodical approach to planning and the completion of tasks
• Good communication skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Problem solving skills
• Proactively looks to expand on existing knowledge
• Ability to reprioritise effectively or multi-task to achieve workload within required timescales
• Good knowledge of Microsoft based software (e.g. Excel, Outlook and Word)
• Industry knowledge
• Good knowledge of Client Money requirements in line with current regulations
• Strong Reconciliation skills
• Good knowledge of XB Reconciliation processes
• Good understanding of IFDS practices
• Good knowledge of IFDS systems (e.g. Frontier, INFOR10, AWD10)
• Good knowledge of Banking systems
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- flex benefits scheme
About the Company
International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is the leading supplier of third-party administration and IT services to European investment clients and their customers. Part of a global group and a joint venture between State Street Corporation and DST Systems, our business has grown ten-fold since inception in 1995 and continues with rapid growth today! We currently offer state of the art solutions across funds, retirement & insurance and investment platforms.