Client Money Quality Coach
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Coach, within our Client Money Reporting function. The successful candidate should have strong written & verbal communication skills, with a strong eye for detail and an investigative mind-set, as well as an understanding of the Client Assets (CASS) regulations. The main function of this role is to support the ongoing skills development of the department, focusing on error reduction and process enhancement.
Main purpose of role:
To act as the subject matter expert within CMRC, responsible for ensuring quality of work within the department is produced to the highest standard and provide coaching where required
- Analyse errors caused by CMRC using breach logs and Risk Online.
- Identify, plan and deliver remedial training requirements. Create ‘breach action plans’ and discuss preventative measures to avoid recurrence.
- Develop a ‘training academy’ for new starters ensuring they can demonstrate required knowledge to produce reconciliations, and maintain training logs (see also maintaining skills matrix listed below).
- Provide regular refresher training as appropriate for existing staff either through 1-2-1 coaching or group buzz sessions.
- Understand the relevant CASS Client Money rules and how they apply to the work produced by CMRC. Use and explain these rules in training sessions.
- Maintain the department skills matrix, identifying where training is required.
- Review and update departmental procedures ensuring these form the basis of any training requirements.
- Set up, support and oversee offshore Quality Analysis & Skills team functions by way of conference calls and/or face-to-face training visits.
- Deputise for the Quality Analysis & Skills Manager/Team Leader where required.
The Ideal Candidate
- General Organisational and business skills
- Detailed knowledge of PEP, ISA, Unit Trust, OEIC or Investment Trust administration
- Detailed knowledge of the required departmental core systems
- Knowledge of FCA regulatory environment
- Good understanding of processes and procedures within relevant Department
- Awareness of Departments service level agreements for completing admin functions
- Basic keyboard skills to include awareness of MS Office packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyse and appraise work, to identify potential areas of concern that could lead to risk.
- Ability to provide feedback.
- Ideally reconciliations experience
- Experience in Financial Services Investment Industry
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities within the Financial Services
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland