Client Finance Apprenticeship
A fantastic opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and largest employers in Essex! Join us as an Apprentice with full training and support from day one!
DST offers a fully paid Level 2 apprenticeship in the capacity of Investment Operations Administrator . At DST we further strengthen this apprenticeship by including the Level 1 Introduction to Securities and Investment unit, part of the globally recognised and respected IOC qualification
You will be enrolled into a work-based training programme, designed around the role you will carry out, where your training and development is provided as a combination of :
- on the job training
No attendance at college is needed. Successful candidates will join many other current and former DST Apprentices, as well as experienced team members, all of whom offer a great support network.
Upon successful completion of your Apprenticeship (usually achieved in 18 months) an internal development scheme awaits you at DST, and with it, the ability to climb the career ladder further!
Based within our Client Money Reporting & Control team, Apprentices will be part of a dedicated group, monitoring our Client Money accounts ensuring postings are booked correctly across the general ledger through to bank clearance on a daily basis.
You will learn the vital regulatory information and processes in which to fully carry out your day to day duties, with a high degree of accuracy and speed, acting both independently and working as part of a team.
The Ideal Candidate
- GCSE Mathematics and English Language Grade 4 /C or above (essential)
- A good telephone manner and excellent verbal communication skills
- A strong command of spelling, with a good eye for detail and accuracy.
- Good general computer skills including basic Word, Excel and email (plus any experience of using an in-house database is a bonus)
- The ability to work to daily/weekly deadlines and follow strict processes
- Candidates must be prepared to study for exam/s alongside developing their skills within the working environment.
- Above all, the desire to learn and an eagerness to begin a career in the financial services sector!
- Starting salary of £12,500 followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme (for eligible applicants)
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- DST Sports and Social membership
- On site canteen
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs 5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.
** All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful. **