Client Accounting Team Leader
Responsible for ensuring that the accounting information prepared by the Client Accountants is sent to all Management Companies in accordance with Service Level Agreement deadlines and is accurate, complete and clearly presented.
Maintain good relationships with the Management Companies and take proactive action to warn of potential problems. Responsible for ensuring standards are maintained throughout.
This is a varied and interesting role including:-
- Ensuring IFDS meets client expectations in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- To ensure IFDS operationally meet business requirements. Assist with any audit, compliance or Trustee visits. To sign off any revised procedures.
- Control and Monitor the work process to ensure the highest quality and minimal errors. To review the weekly FACS and balance sheet reconciliations. To review and sign off of Month end accounts packs in accordance with SLA deadlines. To review and authorise journals. To complete the monthly aged statistical information required for Management. To ensure that Secondary Reviews are completed & any issues are completed for full sign off. To ensure any month end review comments are investigated & completed for full sign off. To ensure completion of the FUM spreadsheet
- To provide Training and coaching to the Team. Perform regular 1:1 meetings and Ace Reviews. To provide support to the Team and to Clients in respect of queries.
- Plan and Organise the daily work to ensure completion within standard practices. To review and sign off the team holidays. To plan and implement any team specific project work. To assist in the planning and implementation of the year end rollover.
- Statistical returns – oversight of the provision PSD (Product Sales Data) and IMA (Investment Management Association) returns.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience:-
- Knowledge of Standard Accounting Practices
- Knowledge of PEP, ISA, Unit Trust, OEIC or Investment Trust administration
- Knowledge of FCA regulatory environment
- Knowledge of systems used within the business
- Good keyboard skills to include MS Office packages & systems used within the business (Essential)
- Good Verbal reasoning and numeric skills. (Essential)
- Business experience within Client Finance. (Preferred)
- Experience in Financial Services Investment Industry. (Essential)
- A good understanding of reconciliation’s and double entry book-keeping
- Excellent Communication, Planning, Prioritising & Organisational skills. (Essential)
- Experience of leading a team
- A desire to study for a relevant accounting qualification, such as AAT. (Preferred)
- A desire to study towards the IAQ award (Preferred)