Investment Trusts Cash Reconciliations & Reporting – Senior Associate
Hours: 15:00 - 19:00 (Monday - Friday)
Responsible for ensuring all afternoon internal cashbook ledgers are updated against live time bank statement data across all bank accounts in line with same day banking books and records, ensuring same day bank transfers for shortfalls identified on client money bank accounts to comply with CASS books and records regulations.
Responsible for information sent to the Management Companies in accordance with Service Level Agreement deadlines. Ensure information provided is accurate, complete and clearly presented and items cleared in a timely manner.
- Running of afternoon internal transfer reports for management of fees and removing corporate money from client money bank accounts
- Monitoring of Client & Non Client Money Bank Accounts - ensure all bank entries are posted to the internal cashbook ledger, ensure all shortfall/surplus amounts are transferred in a timely manner to avoid Client Money breaches
- Monitoring of internal cashbook ledger to identify funding requirements, ensure all shortfall/surplus amounts are transferred in a timely manner to avoid Client Money breaches
- Monitoring and funding protection of Failed Trades and issuing related reporting to ensure correct treatment of any shortfalls
- Monitoring for Asset shortfalls and liaising with the asset reconciliations team and dealing team to ensure correct treatment of any shortfalls
- Investigation, escalation and clearance of all unidentified entries in a timely and accurate manner (best practice < 10 working days)
- Liaise with appropriate internal parties with regards to ensuring clearance of unmatched items – funding as required and compiling data for cash reconciliation breaks
- Complete all daily tasks and complete check lists
- Assist / answer queries raised and questions asked relating to same day banking queries in an accurate and timely manner, where appropriate, escalate to either a Team Leader or Manager
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of PEP, ISA, Unit Trust, OEIC or Investment Trust administration after attending DST Training.
- Basic keyboard skills to include awareness of MS Office packages. (Essential)
- Good Verbal reasoning and numeric skills. (Essential)
- Ability to work on own initiative without supervision and as part of wider team (Essential)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to reprioritise effectively or multi-task to achieve workload within required timescales
- Good knowledge of Banking/custodian systems
- Strong Cash Reconciliation/banking knowledge (Preferred)Excellent Communication, Planning, Prioritising & Organisational skills. (Essential
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland