Cash Management Technical – CASS Oversight Senior Manager
Oversee deployment of and compliance with CASS regulatory change that impacts Cash Management.
Ensure client onboarding and new systems - processes - procedural change or improvements are delivered in a CASS compliant fashion, to enable the department to maintain continued internal controls protocols - productivity and efficiency.
To work with both the Oversight and CASS SME teams to support the regular daily business activities – audit functions and query management with adherence to internal controls and CASS client money regulations.
Responsibilities of incumbent:
- Establish direct liaison with internal Project / Programme Managers. Ensure all requirements are completed within timescales provided. Provide adequate resource plans and updates on an agreed basis.
- Deliver new procedures and processes to the department as a direct result of any initiatives supported.
- Ensure adequate training of any new processes is implemented
- Prior to any live date in the Department and provide feedback to management that we are ready to go live with new business / processes.
Process Change Management and Reviews
- To undertake process and procedure reviews and change delivery as requested and as mandated by internal CASS change programmes. All reviews should be appropriately controlled, analysed and documented
- Deliveries (system enhancements/new procedures/changes to structure) should be monitored until fully implemented.
- To roll out new processes across both the UK and India in a controlled and phased approach, where applicable, and to ensure that any new requirements are fully understood.
- To ensure that the Department is operating in a fully controlled manner, and that incidents and errors are kept to a minimum.
- Utilising the Escalation tools and Risk Matrix to ensure that all incidents are logged and that sufficient follow through is carried out within the Department where necessary within the department.
- Changes to Processes and procedures due to regulatory changes or compliance reports will be analysed and implemented in a controlled manner.
- To keep abreast of changes required to processes from a Compliance
- perspective in relation to Client Money interpretations, in addition to process changes as a result of business re-engineering or requirements from an Audit perspective (DST / Cass Rules / Internal and External Compliance)
- Responsible for implementing new systems and business tools where appropriate and to support the productivity and efficiency of both processes and staff.
- To perform reviews of departmental and cross-divisional processes to ensure we are operating in a most efficient and streamlined process.
Develop & Improve Client and internal Relations
- To work closely with the internal Cash Operational Teams - Client Relationship teams and all relevant areas within DST including Compliance – IT and the CASS Office - to deliver and aim to exceed client and investor expectations and ensure optimised working relationships
- To provide support to the managers and Senior manager with regards to the existing structure and processes within the Department. Provide support and sponsorship / feedback to the yearly Business Plan.
The Ideal Candidate
- Basic keyboard skills to include awareness of MS Office packages. (Essential)
- Good Verbal reasoning and numeric skills. (Essential)
- Analytical and Investigative skills. (Essential)
- Ability to work without close supervision (Essential)
- Experience in Financial Services Investment Industry. (Strongly Preferred)
- Advanced Excel and Work Query (Desirable)
- Experience of DST systems, FAST, FAST Recon, AWD, FSU/General Ledger Structure (Desirable)
- Experience of CASS regulatory environment (Essential)
- Experience of CASS regulatory environment with reference to Cash Management Operational functions (Desirable)
- Ability to manage and interface to a wide range of external and internal stakeholders (Essential)