CASS Technical Senior Specialist
- To review and support implementation of change in respect of FCA CASS regulatory developments that impact the organisation and our clients. Review and provide analysis of new policy statements and consultancy papers issued by regulators.
- Provide regular updates to the organisation, including Syntel, on regulatory change, coordinated within the CASS Governance Framework
- Represent the CASS Office for prospective new business meetings and attend relevant internal / external workshops to provide input to proposed system enhancements in respect of all regulatory developments.
- Represent the organisation and CASS Office at relevant industry workshops /seminars/ focus groups including IMA, TISA,FCA and TPA forum.
Provide consultancy services to the Senior Management team in respect of regulatory matters
- Operational Management. Support the implementation and performance of key processes, systems, and controls to all finance related activities undertaken by the division in respect of Client Money and Client Assets.
- Develop and Improve Communication to ensure the organisation operationally meets business requirements in respect of Regulatory change. To liaise with other business units to agree actions and solutions to operational issues in a timely and effective manner.
- External Meetings – Represent the organisation and CASS Office at relevant industry events including IMA, TISA, FCA and TA Forum. Including presenting, participating on panel discussion and drafting articles to promote and educate on IFDS successes and capabilities
- Additional Responsibilities – Complete any additional ad hoc tasks as directed by manager.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Review the standard of training being delivered within the division, both on the job and classroom based. Provide feedback to L&D trainers and Department Quality Coaches/trainers. Compare training requirements against what is being delivered
The Ideal Candidate
- Specific knowledge of FCA and CASS Regulations
- Minimum of 5 years Financial Services experience
- Compliance or audit and risk background
- Good Verbal reasoning and numeric skills.
- Ability to analyse and appraise work, to identify potential areas of concern that could lead to risk.
- Previous managerial experience
Good keyboard skills to include awareness of MS Office packages.