Business Systems Analyst
The successful candidate will perform a leadership role in the programme working alongside client-side business system analysts and solution architects in order to effectively perform as well as oversee analysis and design techniques to solve complex business solutions. They will be responsible for assessing the suitability of requirements to develop innovative software solutions. Ideally they will have worked in both Agile and Waterfall project environments.
They have experience in multiple areas of business systems analysis. Able to exercise professional judgement to independently complete complex tasks. Copes with complex business problems through deliberate analysis and planning. Achieves great results on complex tasks often through the leadership of others.
- Substantial recent experience in business system analysis and functional design working across the full project lifecycle on a complex, multi-year programme.
- Planning programme BA activities for a multi-year complex programme
- Analysing and validating business and system solutions and contributing to other written business deliverables necessary to increase the business value and/or ensure quality of services and solutions
- Manage the output of System Business analysts to ensure high quality deliverables that increase business value and align with the strategic product direction
- Understanding of IT systems, databases and infrastructure including complex system architectures involving the integration of multiple systems (including third parties)
- Highly proficient in functional design documentation and user story development including acceptance criteria
- Highly proficient and able to coach others in solution analysis techniques including User Stories, Use Cases, BPMN 2.0, UML Modelling Diagrams, User Interface Design, Domain Modelling, Logical data modelling and Business Rules modelling
- Workshop facilitation
- Requirement Traceability and change management
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Access)
- Working understanding of requirement management tools (JIRA, Confluence)
Domain knowledge in one or more the following areas will assist a Senior Business Analyst in the role.
- Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit Plans Funds management
- Annuity and Pension Products
- Personal wealth investments such as Unit Trust and Managed Funds
- Platform/Wrap Account Products which enable an investor to hold assets across multiple managers and trade directly with the share market.
The Ideal Candidate
Business System Analysts in the role typically have proven formal business analysis experience, working with project teams of more than 10 people. Experience of working with internationally distributed teams is critical. Experience working within an Agile delivery environment is also be an advantage.
The following qualifications will be highly regarded.
- BA Certification from the IIBA (CCBA or CBAP), BCS or similar
- Formal training in business analysis fundamentals
- Higher education degree