SS&C Technologies Holdings (NASDAQ: SSNC) is the world’s largest hedge fund and private equity administrator, as well as the largest mutual fund transfer agency. SS&C’s unique business model combines end-to-end expertise across financial services operations with software and solutions to service even the most demanding customers in the financial services and healthcare industries. SS&C owns and operates the full technology stack across securities accounting, front-to-back-office operations, performance and risk analytics, regulatory reporting, and healthcare information processes.
To perform Inception activities, business analysis, process analysis, business system design and business systems consultancy to support SS&C change, our clients business models and strategic/new business propositions.
Create Inception, business requirements documents, process models and design specifications to support the development, enhancement, testing and delivery of IT systems, working with differing development and project delivery methodologies.
Be an ambassador of the Business Analysis team driving forward improvement initiatives within the team and collaboration with internal and external parties.
- The analysis and documentation of estimates to varying degrees for internal and client requested enhancements using the current SS&C estimating methodology.
- The analysis and documentation of Inception and Delivery artefacts, attending client facing external workshops and reviews where required.
- Lead and facilitate meetings/workshops and confidently present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Documentation of high level Inception and detailed business requirements and design including changes to the system logical data model, dialog / screen design and system processing to meet business requirements. Working in close collaboration with business users along with internal and external clients.
- Work closely with and support Inception, Solution Architecture and IT Build teams, ensuring best practice principles are adhered to.
- Create standing data requirements / documentation based on the chosen business system design as required.
- Support the testing teams during their planning, co-ordination and execution, ensuring that system changes delivered meet the business systems design and the original business requirement.
- Provide consultancy and / or the coordination of support for all stages of system and user acceptance testing along with Early Life Support/post implementation support.
- Act as a key interface within the enterprise with the ability to cross communicate requirements, needs and concepts.
- Complete weekly release status and other bespoke project reporting in line with the needs of key stakeholders/project managers, adhering to the Enterprise Change Framework guidelines.
- Complete work to required quality standards and within agreed budget.
- Keep the Business Analysis Senior Manager, Senior Project BA or Senior Inception Manager informed of progress, risks and issues on work (quality, timelines, budget).
- Ensure industry knowledge and specific product knowledge is maintained. Keep abreast of regulatory change and industry trends.
- Build collaborative relationships and provide consultancy for internal and external stakeholders, representing SS&C as required.
- Work with key stakeholders to assist with maintenance of regulatory business artefacts, such as Process Maps, The Data Landscape and the Business Services Proposition.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Over 3 years’ experience in Financial Services, ideally including business and technology roles
- Proven IT analytical and system design skills based on various analysis methodologies
- Client facing
- Logical database modelling and design
- Strong and proven interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good influencer and negotiator
- Proven champion of change
- Ability to lead and take ownership
- Strong sense of ownership to ensure a high quality deliverable
- Sound understanding of SS&C systems and technology infrastructure, both current and proposed.
- Working experience of Analysis and Design methodology
- Experience of working in Agile methodology
- Experience of GUI design
- Basic AS400 and SQL skills or their equivalents
- Extensive in-depth experience within the UK Platform / Wealth Management industry with full lifecycle experience of delivering platform solutions across multi asset types
- Understanding of key technology providers and varying operating models
- Physical database modelling and design
- BCS Diploma in Business Analysis or similar (or has started modules)
- Understanding and working knowledge of business architecture methodology (capability models/ user journeys etc.)
About the Company