- To perform business system design, business analysis, process analysis and business systems consultancy to support the IFDS and our clients business models.
- Create business requirements documents, process models and design specifications to support, the development, enhancement, testing and delivery of IT systems. For agile project in particular the analyst will be involved throughout the project as a member of a multi-discipline team who are collectively delivering software to meet a business objective. The primary role of the Analyst in this team is to own the requirements and to ensure that there is sufficient knowledge and understanding of the requirements within the rest of the team.
- To support new business or strategic propositions with a specific focus on functional gap analysis and business systems design.
- The analysis and documentation of estimates to varying degrees for internal and client requested enhancements using the current IFDS estimating methodology.
- The analysis and documentation of system gaps and feasibility studies for major areas of new IFDS systems functionality.
- Work closely with and support of both IT Architecture and IT Development to ensure that initial design approaches or key rules / values of the system being enhanced are not compromised and that the developments are, from inception, steered towards the published systems architecture.
- Engagement with IT Architecture and System Analysts during the business analysis & design process ensuring both are fully aware of the design before issue of any design document.
- Preparation, or participation in the creation of detailed business requirements and design along with documentation including changes to the system logical data model, dialog / screen design and system processing to meet business requirements. These will be produced in close collaboration with business users along with internal and external client walkthroughs and reviews.
- Create standing data requirements / documentation based on the chosen business system design as required.
- Support of system test planning, co-ordination and execution ensuring that system changes delivered meet the business systems design and the original business requirement. Consultancy and / or the coordination of support for all stages of system and user acceptance testing along with post implementation support.
- Act as a key interface between the business and IT with the ability to cross communicate requirements, needs and concepts.
- Lead analysis for IFDS system specific builds including planning, control of design, build activities and implementation along with status reporting to the IFDS release & project managers.
- Point of contact and lead analyst / coach to IT Graduates
- Keep the Head of Business Analysis informed of progress, risks and issues on work.
- To research and monitor IT and business developments identifying potential product opportunities and enhanced service offerings for IFDS and where required host or lead workshops on specific products / services.
- Build relationships and provide consultancy for internal and external customers and represent IFDS, as required. Ensure industry knowledge and specific product knowledge is maintained. Keep abreast of regulatory change and industry trends.
- Complete any other appropriate ad hoc tasks as directed by the Head of Business Analysis
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in the Collective Investment Industry, ideally including business and technology roles.
- Proven IT analytical and system design skills based on various analysis methodologies
- Logical and physical database modelling and design
- ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis
- Strong and proven interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good influencer and negotiator
- Proven champion of change
- Strong sense of ownership to ensure a high quality deliverable
- Sound understanding of IFDS systems and technology infrastructure, both current and proposed.
- Working experience of SSADM
Nice to have:
- Working experience of DSDM
- Exposure to Agile SCRUM
- Experience of GUI design
- AS400 and SQL skills or their equivalents
- Reference salary based on experience
- 25 Days holiday
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Family healthcare
- flexbenefits scheme
About the Company
International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is the leading supplier of third-party administration and IT services to European investment clients and their customers. Part of a global group and a joint venture between State Street Corporation and DST Systems, our business has grown ten-fold since inception in 1995 and continues with rapid growth today! We currently offer state of the art solutions across funds, retirement & insurance and investment platforms. We employ over 3000 staff across the UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Thailand and Mumbai.