Associate Manager, Investor Services
This role involves the supervision of all operational activities carried out by staff supporting the Investor Services Department within the Luxembourg office. The role also involves coaching staff, collaborating both internally and externally, critically thinking to solve problems, effectively communicating and managing projects as they arise.
- Demonstrate full understanding of all aspects of Luxembourg fund structures including UCITs, private equity and hedge vehicles. Review legal and fund documents to extract fund terms and complete checklists for new fund launches.
- Demonstrate full understanding of trade life cycle including deliverables and time frames to ultimately assist staff with workflow questions as needed.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, prioritize, motivate/coach staff and resolve conflicts.
- Ensure reporting deliverables are met (daily, weekly, monthly), daily BAU is complete, all queries are responded to and actioned on a daily basis with proper follow up or escalation as needed.
- Identify areas for efficiency or excess capacity within the team and drive change by assisting management with implementation of new applications or change to process.
- Act as main point of contact for clients and building strong relationships that enable positive feedback and high service ratings.
- Adhere to company standard procedures and controls in accordance with the relevant Investor Services Departmental Procedures Manual
- Evaluate team members in accordance with performance management programme.
- Establish and demonstrate good working knowledge of Luxembourg AML / KYC requirements including approved jurisdictions under the 4th AML directive as well as AEOI reporting with respect tax compliance.
- Actively participate in project work, build rapport with internal and external groups, form alliances and build trust within the team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in an operations environment, preferably in a finance environment with exposure to supervising staff.
- Graduate – degree level
- Excellent organisational, inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills
- Have a structured and determined approach to work, a willingness to take ownership of challenges and an ability to communicate with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet deadlines, whilst ensuring a high focus on accuracy.
- Maintain and display a high level of professionalism when dealing with clients, investors and colleagues.
- Ability to lead a team and develop/mentor staff
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm with an ability to set and achieve challenging goals.
- Ensure that business standards are achieved on a consistent basis.
Key results areas:
- Efficient and effective administration of the team in the Investor Services Department.
- High quality in dealing with client queries and actions.
- Clear communication to all levels within the company.
- Accuracy and Timeliness of all functions.
In order to complete the recruitment process, the applicant selected will be requested to provide a list of documents on or before the start date including receipt of satisfactory references; evidence of qualifications (where applicable) and copy of the criminal records (Bulletin No 3 for the Grand-Duché de Luxembourg).
About the Company
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.