Assistant Financial Accountant
Assistant Financial Accountant Basildon, Essex
This is a great opportunity for an assistant or part-qualified accountant who is looking to take the next step in their career. You will have responsibility for general ledger accounting and control, and financial reporting and analysis activity across all of the business units within the DST Financial Services International reporting segment.
General ledger accounting and control:
- Preparing and processing journal entries in general ledger
- Month end general ledger journal control checks, including journal posting and accrual reversal controls
- Work with the KC Finance Team to oversee the accounting for fixed assets, including additions and disposals
- Provide cross cover for other critical month end close activities
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, and resolution and clearance of outstanding items
- Uploading balance sheet account reconciliations into the Cadency SOX tool in accordance with monthly deadlines
- Investigating balance sheet account reconciliation issues as required to clear up any old balances or unreconciled items
- Liaise with colleagues to address miss-codings or other issues found on the reconciliations, to improve underlying processing
- Prime responsibility for fixed asset reporting, including running / checking PeopleSoft FA reports, resolving issues with the KC Finance Team, and analysing monthly movements
- Act as the central hub within the team for reporting:
- Aged debtors
- Aged creditors
- Trial balances
- Analysis of general ledger transactions to identify reportable taxable benefits, and preparation of annual PSA calculations
- Analysis of various general ledger transactions and account balances to assist with Corp Tax reporting
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual NSO Returns
- Assisting with PWC audit queries
It is important that you have experience in the following:
- Strong general accounting knowledge (particularly double entry)
- Experience of large computerised general ledger system
- Fixed asset accounting experience
- Experience of balance sheet account reconciliation, and control
- Confidence to interact with senior management.
- AAT / CAT qualification, or part qualified ACCA / ACA / CIMA
Nice to haves:
- Financial services industry experience.
- Experience of working in an FSA regulated environment.
- Experience of using PeopleSoft general ledger system.
The Ideal Candidate
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs circa 5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland