Apprenticeship opportunities at DST in Brentwood
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes designed around the needs of employers, which lead to nationally recognised qualifications. They are designed by the Sector Skills Councils, while the National Apprenticeship Service helps to fund the training. Our Apprenticeships take 18 months and are a combination of on-the-job training and assessment and qualifications.
- Process financial information within agreed service level agreements
- Work effectively in a team to ensure the department achieves its objectives
- Work accurately and quickly
- Take on additional responsibilities as you progress within your programme
- Commit to working towards completing all parts of the Investment Operations Standard
- Commit to working towards IOC (Investment Operations Certificate)
The Ideal Candidate
- Level 2 - Min GCSE Mathematics and English Language Grade C or above (essential)
- Level 3 - Grade C or above in Maths & English Language & Grade C or above in relevant A level qualifications (essential)
- Some experience within an office and/or customer service environment (highly preferred)
- A good telephone manner and excellent verbal communication skills (particularly for telephone-based roles)
- A strong command of spelling and grammar with good letter-writing skills (particularly for written and email based roles)
- Good general computer skills including basic Word, Excel and email (plus any experience of using an in-house database is a bonus)
- The ability to work to daily/weekly deadlines and follow strict processes
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail with a keen emphasis on the quality of your work
- Good communication skills
- Above all the desire to learn and an eagerness to begin a career in the financial services sector!
A fantastic opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and largest employers in Essex. Join us as an Apprentice with full training and support from day one!
DST offers a fully paid Apprenticeship leading to an NVQ Level 2 or 3 in ‘Investment Operations "and a globally recognised IOC qualification. All training is via E –Portfolios/webinar/on the job. No attendance at college is needed and you will be amongst many other current and former Apprentices so with great support! Upon successful completion of your Apprenticeship an internal development scheme awaits you at DST and with it the ability to climb our career ladder further....Where will it take you?
Starting salary- Level 2 - £12,500 / Level 3 - £15,600 (with ongoing reviews)
Fully paid training and qualifications
6% non-contributory pension scheme
Life Assurance (4 x salary)
Single person healthcare
Flex benefits scheme
DST Sports and Social membership
On site canteen
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland