Apprenticeship - Client Services
As an Apprentice, you will gain an understanding of how each of the main business areas operate and how they work in conjunction to ensure that our clients’ needs are met.
The role involves providing support to the main functions of the department, ensuring that all procedures are followed in order to maintain the standard of service within service level agreements. You will be required to communicate with different departments and build relationships which will enable you to expand your knowledge of the business, learning how processes work from both an operational and regulatory perspective.
Distributor Client Services
As a department we strive to deliver a first class service to our clients and always put them at the heart of everything we do. Our client base is a mixture of large UK and oversees nominee clients. We have a dedicated telephony team who service client’s queries and also place deals on their behalf. We also service client queries via email and Web Chat. Other services that we offer our clients is opening accounts for them in advance of trading, tax voucher re-ordering, re-issuing payments, monitoring of electronic trades and also support, guidance and linking of our online reporting system Distributor Online. So there is a lot going on within the department and no day is the same and working in Distributor Client Services is a great place to start your career as it will give you the skills and experience in financial services.
The Ideal Candidate
We are keen to speak with applicants with the following:
- GCSE Mathematics and English Language C/4 and above
- A good telephone manner and excellent verbal communication skills (particularly for telephone-based roles)
- A strong command of spelling and grammar with good letter-writing skills (particularly for written and email based roles)
- Good general computer skills including basic Word, Excel and email (plus any experience of using an in-house database is a bonus)
- The ability to work to daily/weekly deadlines and follow strict processes
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail with a keen emphasis on the quality of your work
- Some experience within an office and/or customer service environment (not essential)
- Above all the desire to learn and an eagerness to begin a career in the financial services sector!
To find out more apply online today and one of our Resourcing team will call you back to talk about our current Apprenticeship vacancies and what might suit you!
A fantastic opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and largest employers in Essex. Join us as an Apprentice with full training and support from day one!
DST offers a fully paid Apprenticeship leading to an Level 2 in ‘Investment Operations’ and the first paper of the globally recognised IOC qualification. All training is via E –Portfolios/webinar/on the job. No attendance at college is needed and you will be amongst many other current and former Apprentices so with great support! Upon successful completion of your Apprenticeship an internal development scheme awaits you at DST and with it the ability to climb our career ladder further....Where will it take you?
- Starting salary of £12,500 (with ongoing reviews)
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- 9% pension scheme (6% non-contributory & 3% self contribution)
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs 5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful