Applications Support Developer - Dev Ops
Working within the Platform IT Team, you will help ensure successful delivery of projects by driving the automation, monitoring and application deployment through the improvement of existing tools and the introduction of new technologies across the SDLC.
You will support the Platform Dev Ops Technical Manager through infrastructure automation, monitoring and development of a suite of support applications.
You will work closely with the support, release and environment teams to maintain the single point of truth (CMDB) for the Platform IT core line of business systems.
- Assist the architecture and development teams to help implement and maintain infrastructure solutions
- Identify technology optimisations and process improvements
- Build, maintain and document monitoring and systems automation tools
- Identify and recommend service improvements
- Implement and maintain the tools to support the CMDB single point of truth
- Develop and document enhancements and changes to the suite of Platform Automation and monitoring tools
- Assist in identification of new opportunities for further consolidation or extension to the suite of tools
- Provide information in the form of automated scripts or reports to assist in improvements to Platform IT Security
- Provide management information on IT Security, Capacity and CMDB to senior management as required
- Other tasks as are deemed appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- Technical understanding or experience working with: Windows Server, .NET Framework /IIS, SQL Server, Web Services, Virtual Machines, SOAP, XML, JSON, Node JS
- Understanding of change & release process & knowledge of SDLC, testing principals
- Understanding of distributed architectures (Middleware, Integration methodologies, cloud computing, etc)
- Ability to adapt to a pressured environment with fast changing priorities whilst maintaining appropriate controls. Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people
- Works in partnership and actively collaborates with colleagues across the organisation. Recognises shared objectives and priorities, and works co-operatively to achieve them, putting them before personal preferences and objectives
- Proven experience of working with Version control System ( Subversion, MKS)
- Demonstrable experience of deploying releases and configuring environments across a varied range of technologies using a number of deployment instructions & toolsets
- Financial services experience
- Knowledge and experience working in Enterprise distributed architectures
- Experience with Virtualization
- Understanding of DR
- Knowledge of Linux servers
- Experience of ServiceNow would be an advantage Previous experience with MS Visio, Excel
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Knowledge of SCALA
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland