Application Support Operations Associate
SS&C Advent: Application Support Operations Associate, in Advent Outsourcing Services
*This role follows a Middle Eastern working week, so working days will be Sunday to Thursday, with UK working hours.
SS&C Technologies, Inc. provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence. We deliver mission-critical processing for information management, analysis, trading, accounting, reporting and compliance.
SS&C was founded in 1986 by William C. Stone and publicly listed on the NASDAQ (SSNC). Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia.
Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise.
SS&C Advent Outsourcing Services (AOS) is currently providing Back and middle office outsourcing capability around our core software solutions. The group services a variety of clients with complex investment portfolios covering equities, bonds, repos, FX, exchange-traded derivatives and extensive OTC derivative books. The activities done include all lifecycle management following trade execution including trade capture, data enrichment, confirmations, trade export, reconciliations, valuations, payments and settlement, collateral management, client reporting, regulatory reporting, dealing with third parties (custodians, independent investment managers, market and performance. utilities, fund accountants, data providers, trade repositories, ARMs etc..), client-specific accounting and sometimes a wide range bespoke services.
Clients are located across Europe, Middle East and APAC and are often global in their investment servicing needs. Usually clients outsource to this team because their needs are particularly bespoke and challenging for example: they need to complete the daily reconciliation and system validations prior to portfolio managers coming online and this can mean a large volume of work that needs to be carried out prior to the start of normal working hours and as such they need a team comprises of a highly professional and experienced group with real-world expertise in the Advent core solutions. The services provided are done so using sophisticated software developed to meet client needs.
- Maintaining client satisfaction by building a strong relationship with the client, understanding their business and challenges and ensuring we provide good service and add value.
- Handling client issues relating to the services including improvements, changes to the service, new business, operational issues and complaints.
- Contributing to senior strategic and service review meetings with clients as necessary.
- Responsibility for the implementation of new clients on to the SS&C Advent Solution, the set up of servicing teams and the smooth running of day to day servicing.
- Working with technology and other servicing groups on projects to change or devise solutions to meet the clients’ needs.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
Essential: excellent experience or expertise in:
- Hands on experience on Microsoft SQL Server, .Net, C# and SSRS.
- Should be comfortable working on Visual Studio and TFS.
- Should be able to work and debug .Net, C# code.
- Should know how to write complex stored procedures, views etc.
- Should know how to debug/customize existing code and SQL scripts as per the requirement.
- Should know how to customize existing SSRS reports as per the requirement.
- Good to have knowledge on RSL reports and UNIX commands.
- Good communication skills.
- Postgraduate Degree
- Highly motivated self-starter with an appetite for knowledge and eager to learn
- Effective and efficient researcher
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set, organize and meet priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment
- Flexibility to travel to different regions if required
- Flexible working hours based on client engagement
SS&C Technologies/ SS&C Advent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, colour, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.