Based within the Group Finance team, this role will provide transactional processing, accounting and reconciliation support to the DST Financial Accounts Team.
The successful candidate will undertake extensive reconciliations, for various accounts for entries from areas such as accounts payable/ receivable and treasury, and will demonstrate a confident understanding of the postings, finding the variances, correcting errors, and then posting the journals.
Transactional processing for DST legal entities including:
- Dealing with local DST contacts to resolve invoice coding and authorisation queries.
- Processing foreign currency and urgent or ad-hoc payments via on-line banking system.
- Downloading bank statements and transaction listings from the on-line banking systems.
- Preparing and posting journals to the Peoplesoft general ledger system.
- Assist with processing of prepaid expenses.
- Assist with weekly bank reconciliations.
- Adhoc tasks on request.
- Assist with detailed month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Provide general support to the Financial Accounts Team including filing, scanning and archiving.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous / current experience as an Accounts Assistant essential
- Previous experience of peparing balance sheet account reconciliations highly desirable
- Able to demonstrate confident general ledger accounting knowledge (double entry).
- Good basic/ intermediate Excel spreadsheet skills.
- A flexible approach and willingness to learn.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
1 Year FTC
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.
Our employees are responsible for all administration and processing services – on behalf of our clients - for their end customers (that’s why you may not have heard the actual name ‘DST’ before!)
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.